Monday 14 March 2011

TANYA VENTRESS

I am a student of Textiles and Surface Design, with an eager passion for Art, Textiles and Design in all its forms. I really enjoy the process of taking something from drawing to repeat and creating a design that is different and quirky from something mundane. I especially love the process of print and am confident practitioner, from foiling to flock, and dye to discharge, in carefully executed designs.
My recent project ‘Treasured Objects’ is all about objects that are loved and personal. I love objects with a history and have a theme throughout my work to keep using unusual antiques, especially these that seem to hide a story.
I am a seriously hard worker and love every part of the process of designing, from initial concept, to drawing, and from printing to embroidery. I am passionate about drawing and screen printing and I love creating hand-rendered designs and experimenting with new ideas. I delight in every part of surface design, but I especially take pleasure in it when I know it is enjoyed by others.
 
tanyamarieventress.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment