Monday 14 March 2011

CATHERINE MILLER

I am a textiles and surface design student at Cleveland College of Art and Design. I am conscientious and enthusiastic about a range of subjects within textiles with a particular affinity for print and a keen interest in fashion fabric design. I have developed the ability to design in a conceptual manner whilst also following current trends to produce contemporary and commercial designs. Working alongside various companies and businesses  in live projects, competitions and exhibitions has left me with good communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team as well as independently. I am well organised and focused with a strong desire to become successful within the design industry.
My inspiration comes from many different designers and my preferences change with each seasons new collections. My current favourite designers are Kenzo, Dries Van Noten, Alberta Ferreti and Matthew Williamson. I love the way these designers combine exciting, bold prints with sensitive textures and mark making and I feel that my work reflects this in some way.




 Catherine-miller.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment